We have two membership types:
Primary Membership is free for people with lived experience of mental illness, past or present, who live or use services in the ACT.
Associate Membership is for individuals or organisations that empathise with consumers and have an interest in mental health. We request a small contribution from most associate members. Please see the membership form for current contribution rates.
Only Primary Members are eligible to vote at Annual General Meetings. All other membership benefits, including the ability to stand for a position on the Board, apply to both Primary and Associate Members.
As outlined in the Constitution of the Network (Part 2 – Membership, 5. Membership Qualifications), the following criteria needs to be met for membership. If you are unsure that you meet the criteria for membership, please contact the Network to discuss.
- Identify as having lived experience of mental illness or psychiatric disorder, or has personally used a mental health service for their own mental health needs;
- A resident in the ACT or uses services and programs in the ACT;
- Accepts the objectives of the Network; and
- Lodged an application for membership
- Empathise with consumers;
- Accept the objectives of the Network; and
- Have been accepted for membership by the Board.
You can complete a membership application by either
1. Fill in an online membership form: Primary Membership or Associate Membership
2. Fill in a membership application in Word format and then return it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org: Primary Membership Application or Associate Membership Application
Print a copy, complete it then send it to us at:
Civic Square ACT 2608
Once we receive your application, we will send new primary members a welcome pack in the mail.
Once we receive your application and contribution, all applications for associate membership are taken to the Network Board for endorsement. Once endorsed, we will send new associate members a welcome pack in the mail.