The ACT Mental Health Consumer Network is a consumer-led peak organisation representing the interests of mental health consumers in the ACT in policy and decision-making forums. The Network is committed to social justice and the inclusion of people with experience of mental illness.
The latest Network News – Spring 2020 is now available (Spring 2020)
Network Bulletin 21 September 2020
Welcome to our fortnightly email bulletin. If you are unable to open any links or attachments, please contact the Network on 6230 5796 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Of particular note in this bulletin, the Network would like to draw your attention to the following:
• Network Mental Health Month event and other MHM information ;
• Voting information for people with disability;
• Studies and surveys seeking participants;
• Updated general Coronavirus information and support services in the ACT and upcoming related events; and
• Position vacancies
Network Bulletin 21 September 2020 (PDF)
Network response to COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Network office is currently closed, with staff working remotely. We can still be contacted by phone (02 6230 5796 or 0449 127 941 if urgent) or email (email@example.com). In addition, we have also been required to implemented the following changes:
• Face-to-face events are cancelled, including but not limited to: Drop-In, Consumer Representative Forum, Policy consultations and the Hearing Voices group; and
• Consumer Representatives are encouraged NOT to attend any scheduled meetings.
• Appointments to committees have ceased until further notice.
The Network is still being asked for consumer input on policies. So please regularly check your email for invitations to comment. Consultations on policy matters with consumers and other forums etc. are now being held online via Zoom.
If you are interested in commenting on policy but do not use email, please contact the Policy Coordinator on 0424 468 620.
Information about the status of the COVID-19 pandemic in the ACT can be found via the COVID-19 ACT website.
For mental health support, please contact any of the following services:
Locally, Woden Community Service (WCS) are still operating their mental health programs via telephone and online methods, and are still accepting referrals.
Information about each program can be found via the Woden Community Service website.
ACT Charter of Rights for People with Mental Health Issues
The ACT Government released the ACT Charter of Rights for People with Mental Health Issues on 11 October 2011.
Click on the links below to see it in full page view or to download.
ACT Health Charter of Rights poster
ACT Health Charter of Rights pamphlets
25 February 2020